Idid a check-in a few months ago for my 2014 Goals, but I wanted to look at them again in an attempt to keep myself accountable.
Here are my resolutions for 2014. I have some normal goals and things I am striving for each day that I am not including on here--like be present with my time, document Henry's growth, be a good wife, etc. What I have listed below are my NEW goals for the year! :)
1. I would like to do one action a month for my church. This could be speaking, volunteering, etc. I have something lined up for the first two months, but I need to work on the rest of the year! I am doing better here than I thought I would! I have kept up with this goal and am getting ready to teach a pre-baptismal class for 3 people this month. I am so excited for them!
2. I would like to read 24 books again this year. If I could do this with a baby, I will do this with a toddler. :) I have read 11 books thus far. I am ahead of schedule and VERY happy about this!
3. I would like to go on at least two vacations this year--even if they are just weekends away. I know how refreshed and rejuvenated I feel after them and I want to make that more of a priority in 2014. We have gone two one night trips this year without H, but no real vacations yet. This is becoming more and more of a priority as summer is rapidly
4. I not only want to move into our house, but I also want to have our current home ready to put on the market to sell. There are several bigger projects like painting the deck and front porch, and replacing some storm doors, but we have tried our best to fix up the house as we have been living in it. I would LOVE to sell this house before the end of 2014!! No update here--I think most of our updates will happen once we've moved out and don't have to worry about making a mess. I wish we could complete it all now, though!
5. I want to exercise at least 4 times a week again. This does not include stroller walks or time spent playing with Henry. This is actual time spent on the treadmill. I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Henry, but my body is not the same. I would love to weigh about 25 pounds less. I am really struggling here. However, I know I need something to jumpstart my life and healthy living plan so I am doing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I am VERY much looking forward to seeing how the challenge goes! Losing 10 pounds would be a great motivation for me to get into a healthier lifestyle!
6. Decorate our new house. I don't really think a house is ever "complete", but I want to have the main living areas of our house ready for visitors and company. I can't wait to host game nights, game watching parties, our families, and holidays at our house! I have picked up a few things as we'v been out shopping for our new house including a new bed (!!!), some lamps, mirrors, etc. Our little house is feeling even smaller with all of this! We have our new stove, fridge, and dishwasher, but I am still looking for furniture for our living room. This room will be where we live much of the time and I want it to be perfect!
7. I have a few professional goals for work, that I will not detail here. However, I hope 2014 is as good of a year as 2013 has been to me professionally! Things are definitely going well in this regard! I am happy in my job and hopefully getting some good news about some training opportunities this month!
8. Declutter our home in preparation for moving. I feel like the amount of "stuff" we have is overwhelming and needs to be donated, organized, or thrown away before we move. If I go room by room, it won't be too terrible! I have made some serious progress in this regard, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Now that it is starting to get warmer outside, we are going to have to tackle the garage. This is really daunting and I am not looking forward to it, although I know it needs to be done! Another big priority room for us is our upstairs attic storage and my own closet.
Overall, I am pleased with my progress. I know that I could definitely be doing more to get towards them--especially with decluttering and losing some weight. These are going to be my big focus for the next few months, for sure! :)